This comprehensive research project is a milestone in regional Cordilleran metallogeny. It was undertaken as MDRU’s first large consortium project between 1989 and 1993. The project was sponsored by 16 companies, and received additional financial support from the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) and the British Columbia Science Council. The study included collaboration with the Geological Survey of Canada and the British Columbia Geological Survey, and involved one Research Associate, three Post-Doctoral Fellows, and five MSc students. MDRU released the Iskut Project deliverables to the public domain as MDRU Special Publication 1. In 2010, Geoscience BC updated the map files into modernized GIS/geospatial files to make the spacial data more accessible.
The researchers and contributors on this project included:
- Senior Researchers: A.J. Macdonald, J.F.H. Thompson, P.D. Lewis, A.D. Ettlinger, D. Ghosh.
- Student Researchers: R.D. Bartsch, D. Bridge, A. Kaip, G. Nadaraju, D.A. Rhys, T. Roth.
- Contributing Authors: J.K. Mortensen, F. Childe, R. Friedman, J. Gabites, M.L. Bevier
MDRU Special Publication Number 1
This publication comprises the original 2001 project report and data as well as the updated Geoscience BC files. This report is only available to MDRU Corporate members, access it here. This product includes:
- 26 Chapter Final Report (download Table of Contents pdf)
- Original Map set (includes Geochem and Geochron sample locations)
- Map Legend
- Geochemistry Data (Excel spreadsheet)
- Converted Geology Maps and Shape Files (Geoscience BC 2012 release)
P-001 Geochronometry of the Iskut River Area – An Update.
1992, Geological Fieldwork 1991 (Grant, B. and Newell, J.M., Editors)
, B.C. Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources, Paper 1992-1, p. 495-502.
Geoscience BC Report 2013-05. In 2012, Geoscience BC converted and released the original AutoCAD linework of the three Iskut River geological maps to topologically correct features in shapefile format. This package includes:
- Iskut Project Geology Maps (Set of three – pdfs)
- Geology Map Legend (pdf)
- ArcGIS Shape Files
- Accompanying Notes
Theses - You must be logged in as a member to see these documents
Download Protected Files
- MDRU Special Publication 1 (report and data):
Lewis, P.D. and Tosdal, R.M. (compilers) (2013) Metallogenesis of the Iskut River Area, Northwestern British Columbia. MDRU Special Publication 1 and associated data.
MDRU_Special-Publication-1 – .zip archive (125.68 MB)