MDRU MEMBER BENEFITS
We value the support of our members and their contributions to our community. By becoming an annual member, you gain exclusive access to a wide range of benefits. Membership offers numerous advantages, such as discounted rates on training and services, the opportunity to support research and science, and access to the following resources:
HIGHLY QUALIFIED PEOPLE
ACCESS TO HIGHLY QUALIFIED PEOPLE
- MDRU Researchers provide rapid consultation across a variety of areas, including applied mineralogy, lithogeochemistry, alteration vectoring, mineral chemistry, magmatic fertility, structural geology, carbonate footprints and many more.
- Our graduate students are your next employee – help support us in training them!
- UBC Professors bring extensive expertise across a variety of areas
- MDRU visiting researchers provide learning and collaboration opportunities
- Access expert technical support and advice
- Participate in our research projects and help develop new ones – only MDRU members can participate in research projects
ACCESS TO OUR ANALYTICAL EQUIPMENT
MDRU members can receive preferential and discounted access to our analytical equipment, and if the necessary equipment is not available, we will attempt to connect you to the right collaborator at UBC Instruments. Available methods and instruments that members can access include:
- Bruker TornadoPlus micro X-ray fluorescence analyzer
- Zeiss Axioscan automated petrographic microscopy solution*
- Numerous petrographic and binocular microscopes, including camera attachments
- TerraSpec and Spectral Evolution OreXpert SWIR for alteration studies, and software for spectral evaluation
- Olympus Vanta pXRF
- Fluid Inclusion Analysis, including IR light for sulphides like sphalerite and stibnite
- Carbon and oxygen isotopic analysis on carbonates for alteration vectoring
- Rock photography and thin section scanning
- Cathodoluminescence and UV evaluation of geomaterials, veins, mineral grains
- Books and reports – an extensive library of literature including past MDRU short course volumes
- Past MDRU project reports and data
- Rock and thin section archives
- Cordillera galena archive for projects out of confidentiality
- Hear about training opportunities and courses first
- Have priority to book MDRU field trips and courses for you and your staff
- Have us develop a course specified to your needs!
Open Day is an exclusive event for our members, held annually to present an overview of ongoing MDRU research projects and updates on our laboratory capabilities. It's also a great chance for members to build relationships and connect with our researchers, students, and faculty.
MDRU Success Stories
MDRU CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
We are grateful for the loyalty of our members and recognize the varied needs of our industry.
To best serve these needs, we offer the following membership levels:
Open to all companies looking to make a contribution and receive benefits resulting from high-level interactions with MDRU. Includes representation on the MDRU Board of Directors.
More than 500 full-time employees.
10 to 500 full-time employees.
Less than 10 full-time employees.
For individual consultants, retired explorers, and enthusiastic supporters.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY.
WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO HAVE YOU AS A VALUABLE MEMBER.